Re: Re: Time

On Fri, Aug 11, 2006 at 03:35:12AM +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:

> >> I think you mean simply gettimeofday(), which is implemented
> >> as part of the POSIX package.
>
> > I mean any function which provides the same informations as
> > "do_gettimeofday of Linux".
>
> You might get a useful answer if you actually explained what
> that information is (what information you want).  The more
> difficult you make it for people to figure out what you want,
> the less likely you are to get help.

Hi Grant

Remeber that Shetty is trying to somehow shoehorn a Linux kernel
device driver or protocol stack or something into
eCos. do_gettimeofday is a linux kernel function. Shetty seems to
assume we all know the Linux kernel inside out and upside down. It
also seems like Shetty has little idea about POSIX userspace
functions.

So, Shetty. eCos != Linux. Don't assume we know about the insides of
Linux. It is reasonable to assume we know about POSIX.

Since you are obviously i Linux guy, try

man gettimeofday

and you will find it is very silimar to do_gettimeofday().

    Andrew