Re: Some findings with multiple eCos repositories in ECOS_REPOSITORY

On 8/11/06, Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch> wrote:
On Fri, Aug 11, 2006 at 10:53:10AM +0200, ?yvind Harboe wrote:
> Here is the last one that didn't cause much of a stir:
>
> http://sourceware.org/ml/ecos-patches/2004-11/msg00001.html

The last paragraph is:

    Obviously the serial drivers for the AT91 are highly complex and
    timing sensitive beasts. Changes should not be made lightly. I
    would not expect to see this patch committed until someone can
    independantly confirm that the problem exists, that the fix works
    and the code has been reviewed by someone who understands the AT91
    drivers in detail.

Which to me as maintainer means don't touch it until somebody else has
verified it.

Yup. So that's why I wasn't overly worried about it not being committed, because I have it in my modified eCos.

So for this patch, i suggest you talk to Thomas Koeller
and get his opinion. If Thomas thinks it is O.K. i will then commit
it.

Thomas? Did you hear that? ;-)

--
Øyvind Harboe