Are the HALs in the eCos repository meant for deployment?

Are the HALs in the eCos repository meant for deployment?

I would expect the average PCB to be somewhat/quite similar to an
exisiting development board.  I would *not* expect that the average
product(hardware/software) would use some HAL completely unmodified.

Rather than tweaking an existing HAL (often a couple of changes are
sufficient), I would recommend to copy the existing HAL to a seperate
repository(including the section in the ecos.db) and then placing that
HAL before the snapshot of the eCos CVS HEAD. Renaming the HAL,
although I would encourage it, isn't stricly required and probably not
a lot of effort to rename at some later stage.

--
Øyvind Harboe
http://www.zylin.com