RedBoot: mounting the fatfs images

Hello

I look for a light way to get non-RAM but R/W file system under eCos.
Does anybody tell me, is it possible to do on a target without physical
IDE controller (but with a raw FLASH memory) such a thing:

 	RedBoot>mount -f fatfs.image -t fatfs /fat
or
 	RedBoot>mount -f [address] -t fatfs /fat

It's a quote from RedBoot User's guide:

RedBoot can access FAT filesystems stored on IDE disks or CompactFlash
devices and can use JFFS2 filesystems stored in FLASH memory.

Is it possible to get a mounting of fatfs images in RedBoot with a set
of commands:

 	ecosconfig add pkg1
..
 	ecosconfig add pkgN

only?

Or it's needed to write some special driver like fake MMC card device
for example to mount it?

I looked throughout the ecos-discuss list about, but I found no issue
by the subject. I'm sorry, but in fact, folks discussed the jffs2
things only.

Well, may be it is a stupid question, so, point/correct me, please.

In advance, thanks for your time and patience,

Sergei Gavrikov