Re: Problems with sockets on Olimex LPC-E2214 eCos port

On Sun, Aug 27, 2006 at 10:23:02PM +0400, Dmitry Varakin wrote:
> Hi, everyone!
>
> Some time ago we've got eCos port for Olimex LPC-E2294 board (great
> thanks to Sergei Gavrikov).  I've modifed it so it now can run on
> Olimex LPC-E2214 board. It's just i simple FLASH driver changes.
> I've sucessfully built RedBoot, "kernel" and "net" configurations.
> I've recofigured RedBoot to work without DHCP and BOOTP (usinfg
> "fconfig -i", I've set static IP/NetMask and left fields "Gateway" and
> "Server" empty). All works fine, the board recieves and transmits
> pings.
> Next I've build a smaple application (socket server test), which is
> included into eCos distribution. I've uploaded it into the board using
> TFTP (ethernet works!!!). First time I run it, the function [as I
> remember the name] init_all_network_devices() worked very long time
> and sayd "No ... DHCP/BOOTP found". Why eCos kernel is not reading
> RedBoot ethernet configuration?

Redboot keeps "running" in the background to provide gdb support other
Ethernet. To do this it needs its own IP address, which has to be
different to the address used by the application.

So give you application a different IP address and it should work
better.

        Andrew