Re: Network driver problem only with larger programs (cache issues?)

On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 12:18:36AM -0400, Joe Porthouse wrote:
> Ok, I'm positive I'm going nuts now....  Code seems good, if I can only get
> the processor to correctly execute it.
>
> Started seeing the code lock up after 10-30 minutes without a JTAG attached
> so I started to look further into the possible cache issues.

There was once a problem with the EBSA285 setup of the SDRAM
controller. The controller had been initialised for 1/2 the actual
memory. This resulted in the top address line being left to
float. Most of the time it floated one way, but occassionally, it
floated the other way, and so it seemed to forget things.....

See if you can make packages/hal/arm/ebsa286/current/tests/sdram0.cxx
work on your target. Also try running the
packages/hal/common/current/tests/cache.c

        Andrew