Re: Getting segmentation fault while unmounting JFFS2 file system .

Amitesh Singh wrote:
Hi All
I am facing problem while umounting JFFS2 FS.
I am successfully able to mount JFFS2 system on CRAMFS root file
system but not able to umount it. It shows Seg.fault when i umount
this File system.
# umount /mnt
umount: Cannot open /etc/mtab
Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 00000000
.
..
..
I am using CFI Flash device in physical memory map .
<*> CFI Flash device in physical memory map
â â
â â (0x50000000) Physical start address of flash mapping
â â
â â (0x01000000) Physical length of flash mapping

Earlier,i was facing same problem while mounting any MTD block then i
used the physical mapped flash map instead of the ixp_4xx map .
Now,I only able to mount but failed to unmount MTD device :P
Please help me out !

This is purely a JFFS2 problem and has nothing to do with RedBoot/eCos - take it up with the folks that support JFFS2.