From: ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org
[mailto:ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org] On Behalf Of Gary Thomas
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2006 8:32 PM
To: Gernot Zankl
Cc: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: [ECOS] JFFS2 Access and interrupts

Gernot Zankl wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> while writing a file in a jffs2 filesystem (by means of open, write,
> close)
> my application seems to hang in function write().
> After guarding the write access with
> HA_DISABLE_INTERRUPTS/HAL_RESTORES_INTERRUPTS
> the write accesses worked properly.
>
> After a short inspection of flash.c (in packages/io/flash/current/src)
> it seems that in my port these guards are already present,
> placed around the "__anonymizer"-ed flash access functions.
>
> Is there a general rule, how to handle mutual IRQs and flash access ?
> Do I miss something ?
> Is there a configuration option, I've forgotten to enable ?

There aren't any configuration options for this - it's assumed to work.

Can you please explain in more detail exactly what you've done to get
things to work?  Given that the generic functions (e.g. flash_program)
already disable interrupts, I'm a bit confused.

> Kind regards,
> Gernot Zankl
>
> Btw: PowerPC MPC5200B and external flash Spansion S29GL064M

Given that the eCos port for the MPC5200 is not public (you got it
from Analogue & Micro), it makes sense to ask these questions of
A&M, not the general list.