Making eCos Configuration Tool on FreeBSD 6.1

So I'm trying to build the eCos configuration tool on my FreeBSD 6.1 system and I'm running into some interesting issues. It seems like the entire tcl/Tk detection system is either ancient, broken, or not written to take into account how FreeBSD stores stuff.

Is it worth my time to change configure.in to support FreeBSD? Or are there other similar issues littered through the code? Please tell me I am not tilting at windmills expecting this to work. Thanks!

Jack.