Re: Making eCos Configuration Tool on FreeBSD 6.1

Bart Veer wrote:
"Jack" == Jack Twilley <jmt@twilley.org> writes:

>>> How do I make the ecos-tool use gmake instead of make?
>> front of your path?
Jack> I already have GNU make built as 'gmake'. This system does a
Jack> lot of other stuff besides build eCos and I don't want to
Jack> break other things to accommodate this tool.

A fairly easy workaround would be to start the configtool from a shell
script which prepends a directory to your PATH. That directory would
contain a symbolic link from make to the gmake executable.

It was far easier to change "make" to "gmake" in the configtool source.

Jack.
(now to port the code to the newer gcc, sigh)

Bart