Re: Making eCos Configuration Tool on FreeBSD 6.1

Am Montag, 2. Oktober 2006 08:10 schrieb Jack Twilley:
> >     >>> How do I make the ecos-tool use gmake instead of make?
> >     >>
> >     >> I'm not sure how to force this.
> >     >>
> >     >> Why not just build GNU make and install it as 'make' at the
> >     >> front of your path?
> >
> >     Jack> I already have GNU make built as 'gmake'. This system does a
> >     Jack> lot of other stuff besides build eCos and I don't want to
> >     Jack> break other things to accommodate this tool.
> >
> > A fairly easy workaround would be to start the configtool from a shell
> > script which prepends a directory to your PATH. That directory would
> > contain a symbolic link from make to the gmake executable.
>
> It was far easier to change "make" to "gmake" in the configtool source.
>
> Jack.
> (now to port the code to the newer gcc, sigh)

Maybe you want to try my patch:

http://sourceware.org/ml/ecos-devel/2006-07/msg00000.html

With 2 exceptions, where you only have to remove the full qualification, it
compiles fine on gcc4.1.1
If a newer version of my patch is wanted on this list, I will do one.

Regards,

Lars