Re: FreeBSD Netstack EPIPE error

On 10/10/06, Bell, Andrew [Allen & Heath UK]
<Andrew.Bell@allen-heath.com> wrote:
The connection is dropped by the Java side; after repeated packets are
not acknowledged by the eCos host, followed by the eCos netstack xmiting
an out of order segment, the Java protocol stack appears to wind back to
the last packed with a sequence number the two hosts agreed on and
resends it. After a couple more attempts the Java netstack gives up and
drops the connection.

I have seen similar behavior with our web server, but so far we have ignored the issue as we are using HTTP and could get away with occasional connection loss. This is changing, though, and we are very interested in fixing this - I plan to spend time on this issue in the next few weeks. If you have any additional information on this issue, I´d be very glad if you could share your findings.

Thanks,
Hans