Re: Re: RAM vs. ROMRAM question

In gmane.os.ecos.general, you wrote:

Right. My HAL has separate .ldi files for RedBoot.

That's not the usual pattern, RedBoot usually uses exactly the same .ldi files as applications built for the same startup type.

I guess it's been so long since I created that HAL that I
forgot that wasn't the normal way of doing things.

RedBoot is, after all, just a particular instance of an eCos
application.

I guess so.

What is the exact complaint you are getting?

That being a ROM monitor is a conflict with RAM startup but not
with ROMRAM startup.
ecos.ecc:

cdl_option CYGSEM_HAL_ROM_MONITOR {
    # Flavor: bool
    # No user value, uncomment the following line to provide one.
    # user_value 0
    # value_source default
    # Default value: 0
    # Requires:  CYG_HAL_STARTUP == "ROM" || CYG_HAL_STARTUP == "ROMRAM"

I suspect that the problem is just the way that the platform HAL you
are using is configured.

Ah.  I thought it was a system-wide conflict.  If it's just the
HAL, then we'll chalk it up to Altera not knowing what's going
on and forget about it.