Re: Re: Limit region of flash used by RedBoot for FIS?

> Is there any reason that somebody might want the FIS directory
> block somewhere other than at the top of usable flash?

Yes. That bit of code came from me. I had a system where i needed to
work around the existing flash usage. The top block of flash was not
usable for FIS, it contains binary data to be downloaded to an
FPGA. So i added CDL to allow the FIS/CFG region to be placed in any
block.

However, i don't see why the CFG/FIS block should mark the end of
usable FLASH. It was useful for me to be able to use Redboot to
install new FPGA images above the FIS/CFG blocks.

> So I'll probably just add CYGNUM_REDBOOT_FLASH_RESERVED_TOP and
> leave the FIS directory position specified (in blocks) by
> CYGNUM_REDBOOT_FIS_DIRECTORY_BLOCK but make it relative to
> (flash_end-CYGNUM_REDBOOT_FLASH_RESERVED_TOP).

O.K. Add a comment to the CYGNUM_REDBOOT_FIS_DIRECTORY_BLOCK and
CYGNUM_REDBOOT_CFG_DIRECTORY_BLOCK option that they are relative to the
usable top, not the physical top.

       Andrew