Re: Limitations with the SNTP client? - patch

On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 09:57:34AM -0500, Andre-John Mas wrote:
> Do I post this here? I have never posted a patch before, so I am kinda
> new to this.

The ecos-patches mailling list please.

> Removed optional KeyIdentifer and MesageDigest fields, which
> weren't being used, and caused certain servers not to respond
> when these fields were included with null values.

Please put this in the ChangeLog file in the sntp directory. Follow
the format of the other entries.

> ecos-opt/net/net/sntp/current/src/sntp.c
>
> 75a76,80
> > /* Note that the KeyIdentifier and MessageDigest fields are not
> >    included since they are optional (RFC2030) and in certain cases
> >    will cause some SNTP servers from responding if included with
> >    null values.
> >  */
> 93,94d97
> <   cyg_uint32    KeyIdentifier;          /* Optional */
> <   cyg_uint8     MessageDigest[16];      /* Optional */

Please use the unified format to diff, ie -u. It is easier to read.

I would also not bother with the comment. You have put the same in the
ChangeLog.

        Andrew