exception handlers... how to use?

Hi,

I have eCos running on a MIPS processor and I want to install a exception
handler which prints out some information. I don't use gdb stubs.

I tried to install some handlers, but they did not get called. The jump
table (vsr_table) is still filled with ROM (bootloader) addresses. I enable
the option 'use rom monitor'. I guess this could be a problem. disable it,
let the system hang on bootup (maybe a cache problem, i still need to do
some research here).

Could any give me some hints about the needed option in eCos to make the
exception handler working?

Bye...