Re: exception handlers... how to use?

Hi,

I have eCos running on a MIPS processor and I want to install a exception
handler which prints out some information. I don't use gdb stubs.

I tried to install some handlers, but they did not get called. The jump
table (vsr_table) is still filled with ROM (bootloader) addresses. I enable
the option 'use rom monitor'. I guess this could be a problem. disable it,
let the system hang on bootup (maybe a cache problem, i still need to do
some research here).

Could any give me some hints about the needed option in eCos to make the
exception handler working?

You need to plant the VSR from the RAM executable into the VSR table. You can either do this explicitly using HAL_VSR_SET() or use HAL_VSR_SET_TO_ECOS_HANDLER(), which is designed to do just this.

Take a look at the except1 and kexcept1 kernel tests for an example.

Good point ... it's working now .... I'm currently looking what's the except_info for....

Bye...