Re: CYGNUM_KERNEL_SCHED_TIMESLICE_TICKS undefined

    Grant> I'm trying to build a fairly vanilla "net" template on a
    Grant> nios2 target, and I get the following:

    Grant> : In function int sched_rr_get_interval(pid_t, timespec*)': /[...]/packages/compat/posix/current/src/sched.cxx:230:
    Grant> error: CYGNUM_KERNEL_SCHED_TIMESLICE_TICKS' undeclared (first use this function) /[...]/packages/compat/posix/current/src/sched.cxx:230:
    Grant> error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.)

    Grant> I don't have timeslicing enabled, and apparently some of
    Grant> the POSIX stuff depends on timeslicing.

    Grant> I've tried removing the CYGPKG_POSIX_CLOCKS package which
    Grant> appears to be what causes
    Grant> CYGNUM_KERNEL_SCHED_TIMESLICE_TICKS to be referenced, but
    Grant> when I attempt to do that, ecosconfig segfaults:

    Grant> + ecosconfig new dm2 net
    Grant> + TMP=/nios/work/ecos-build
    Grant> + ecosconfig remove CYGPKG_POSIX_CLOCKS
    Grant> ./newtree.sh: line 12: 32151 Segmentation fault      TMP=$PWD ecosconfig remove CYGPKG_POSIX_CLOCKS

    Grant> I suppose I should try updating ecosconfig, but it seems
    Grant> like the CDL for the POSIX stuff is broken.

CYGPKG_POSIX_CLOCKS is a component within the POSIX package, not a
top-level package. You can disable it by editing the ecos.ecc file or
by using the graphical configtool. Only top-level packages can be
removed at the command-line.

If you are running under cygwin with an old version of ecosconfig,
that segfault may be caused by an underlying problem in cygwin's C++
exception handling. There is a workaround for the problem in the
latest ecosconfig sources, or you can grab a prebuilt binary from
http://www.ecoscentric.com/devzone/configtool.shtml

Bart

--
Bart Veer                       eCos Configuration Architect