RE: Multiple Inheritance used in eCos class Cyg_Thread

I apologize for the retrasmission of this message.  It was originally
sent to the wrong eCos group.

I would be interested to know the type of testing eCos has been through.
If it has been successfully tested as part of an embedded aviation
system, I would agree with you.  If it has been tested as part of the
embedded system for a printer or digital camera, I would have to
disagree with you.

When it comes to developing embedded systems that are safety critical,
one cannot be too careful.

If there is little interest in using eCos in safety critical systems,
leave it as it is.  However, companies and individuals planning to use
it in areas where safety is important may want to rework the area where
there is multiple inheritance or plan to accept the cost of extensive
testing.  In such situations, this can be an additional risk factor for
a project.

I was hesitant to raise this subject, but I am delighted to see the
discussion that has grown out of my initial query.  Discussions such as
this can only serve to make eCos a more reliable and relevant real-time
operating system in embedded system development.

Have a great day,
Don Walton

Defense Research Associates, Inc.
3915 Germany Lane, Suite 102