Re: Re: NIOS2 kernel tests failing

 Grant Edwards <grante@visi.com> writes:

> On 2007-01-02, Nick Garnett <nickg@ecoscentric.com> wrote:

> > I don't know what exceptions the NIOS2 support, so either there are no
> > suitable exceptions supported, or there is something wrong in the HAL
> > level code that should deliver the exception to the kernel. Or maybe
> > something needs to be done in the hardware configuration to enable it.
>
> If it turns out there are no suitable exceptions supported, I
> presume I should somehow disable the that test in CDL?

The programs also test user delivered exceptions, so it is not a good
idea to disable them entirely. There is already a rather nasty ifndef at
the start of the tests for the ARM PID target which disables the
hardware exception test. It would probably be more sensible to extend
that test to also include the NIOS2. Not nice, but given how rare
non-excepting hardware is, probably the least impact solution.

--
Nick Garnett                                     eCos Kernel Architect
http://www.ecoscentric.com                The eCos and RedBoot experts