Re: problem running a compressed progaram from flash

shobhit saxena wrote:
hello everyone,
                     i am using a arm e7t kit with flash(512kb) 0n
it.my problem is that i have compressed a program using command "gzip
-9 hello.srec" where hello.srec is my executable file for ecos .I have
loaded this file on to ram using command "redboot>load -d -m yMODEM".
then i wrote this file to flash using command "redboot> fis create
hello.srec.gz -f 0x01860000 -b 0x00010000 -l 0x00010000 -e 0x01860000
-s 0x00010000".
then i reset the kit  & load the file from flash  onto ram using "
redboot> fis load hello.srec.gz".
it runs successfully.
problem:- but when i tried to write a program more than 100kb(after
compression) using the same process,it failed.
i again tried to modify the fis create command by taking 0x00020000
in place of 0x00010000 at every position in the above fis create
command.
the result was only some random numbers & characters & signs.
can anyone advice me what to do.
plz also tell me how do we allocate the exact length for a program
when writing onto flash.i am not able to understand what this
0x00010000 means in terms of kb.
thanking you.looking forwrd to your replies.bye

Your FIS image is only 64KB long (hence -l 0x10000).