Serial link problems

Hello,

While using RedBoot on AT697 (LEON Sparc V8), I've encountered problems
using the serial link. It appears that the "_rb_gets_preloaded" function
miss few characters arriving on the serial link. For example, I send "help"
and RedBoot understands "hlp".

I've tried to send this command with 2 different softwares:

- The first one send the 4 ascii characters one after the other followed by
the carriage return -> RedBoot don't understand the command every time.
- The second one sends each character as soon as the user hit a key on the
keyboard (it's hyperterminal, included in windows XP) -> RedBoot understand
the command every time.

What can I do to resolve this problem? Obviously, it comes from the serial
driver included in RedBoot (in io.c), but what kind of modification have I
to do to prevent it?

Guillaume MENANT