  I am going to try adding some dummy labels to see if they can make in.

Thanks,
Harish.

>>> "Chris Zimman" <czimman@bloomberg.com> 01/17/07 7:30 AM >>>

Harish,

Try adding -Wa,-gstabs to the compile line and see if this helps

--Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org [mailto:ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org] On Behalf Of Harish Talanki
Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2007 10:23 PM
To: ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org
Subject: [ECOS] Debugging Assembly Code

Hello Ecos Users,
I am using JTAG based ICE box to debug code on IXP2350 Processor, and
happen to see some issues in debugging the assembly code
included in hal_platform_set.h. My debugger can show the code in raw
assembly but doesnot convey much. For regular "C" code it is able
to show the assembly listing properly for each C-statement.

How can I build this assembly code with debug symbols, so I can easily
step through
the processor/DDRRAM initialisation code using the JTAG ICE box?

Right now I am building all the Redboot with -g and tookout -O2 flag.
Are there any other flags I need for easy debugging?

Thanks,