Re: AW: cat zImage >/dev/mtd1 does not work

That's even better and was the solution that I was looking for.
The question is how, from the OS, can I update the FIS. Obviously
I need to know the structure of the "FIS directory" partition and
find the offset of that checksum and insert a '0' there by
   - reading the whole partition into ram,
   - changing the bit, erasing the partition on the flash,
   - and finally flashing the modified partition in the ram back.

Any suggestions as to where to start?

Thanks!
Wei