Re: AT91SAM7S256 Toolchain

On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 02:26:53PM -0500, Moussa A. Ba wrote:

> Good Day, I am starting a port to the AT91SAM7S256 ARM7

Any particular reason why you don't use the existing port?

> Can anyone suggest a toolchain for loading arm-elf-gcc
> images?  Since ecos images will be loaded to flash, I will not be able
> to use insight as I need flash writing capabilities.

Take a look at openOCD. If you have the necessary JTAG hardware you
can use it for both downloading to flash and interfacing gdb to the
AT91SAM7S JTAG debug capabilities.

Or there are a number of Linux programs that can talk to SAM-BA over
the USB or debug serial port.

Or you could buy a JTAG emulator. I've used an Ronetix PEEDI with the
AT91SAM7S.

        Andrew