Re: Start using Ecos on AT91SAM7X-EK

On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 09:48:36AM +0100, Andrea Visinoni wrote:
> Hi,
> i've successfully compiled ecos for my board using the template in configtool,
> taken from cvs version.
> I've written a stupid main, and liked with target.ld.
> My question is, now do i have to init on my own the device?(pll, flash etc..)
> or do i have to call some sort of function inside the library?

Take a look at the test programs. They are good examples of how you
write eCos programs.

> i've already tried to call my lowlevel_init function(already tested)
> but nothing happen(i try to light a led), any hints?

Start with one of the test programs. Maybe tmbasic. Since this is a
known good program it allows you to concentrate on everything
else. Once this runs you then know your development environment works,
your JTAG progammer works, etc.

Then you can start debugging your own programs. Humm, leds. Are you
using the GPIO macros in var_io.h? Have you configured the pin to be
an output? I think one of the AT91SAM7 boards has the logic
inverted. ie 0 causes the LED to be on, 0 causes it to be off.

> I even compile lwip-eth support?what i have to do to make it work?(init,
> callbacks...)

Again, look at the test programs.

       Andrew