Re: EMAC at91 support package

On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 02:04:49PM +0100, Uwe Kindler wrote:
> Hell Andrew,
>
> as far as I understand the patch of John Eigelaar in his message
>
> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-patches/2007-01/msg00067.html
>
> he contributed a complete AT91 EMAC driver. What is the reason for not
> contributing his patch to CVS?

Because i didn't know it existed. He said he had problems posting
it. It looks like it made it to the archive, but i don't remember
getting a copy in my mailbox.

> Maybe I can help to fix this problem
> because I work with the Olimex SAM7X board.

I just had an extremely quick look at it. It looks mostly O.K. A lot
of it is still my code, so i cannot complain too much :-) There are a
few TODO comments that would be nice to look at. Also i think the
can_send() function could be improved. The buffering should allow
multiple packets to the queues ready to be sent. I think the current
code will only allow one packet queued.

I will try to take a closer look this evening, otherwise it will
probably be early next week.

And apologies and thanks to John.

    Andrew