Re: GDB does not stop at breakpoint

Where are you setting your initial breakpoint?  Make sure you set a
break point at cyg_start() or cyg_user_start() (anywhere during init
before your code executes) to make sure that your code is not
effecting the GDB connection.  I would attempt running one of the
examples/tests as well.

Which HAL are you using?

How are you building your eCos kernel library (packages, settings, etc.) ?

If you don't have asserts turned on, I would turn them on in your
kernel configuration.   They are a very handy debugging tool.