building and debugging

Hi All,
I've been using eclipse to develop my arm based system for some time.
The application runs multiple threads and I had been able to debug them
reasonably well (the program did not always flow the way I expected when
single stepping and sometimes local variables are not able to be displayed).
What I have now is that although the main thread seems to be able to be
debugged, the other threads have problems.
I can set a breakpoint in a thread and it will stop, but single stepping or
trying to display local variables etc no longer works.
I've tried various things to fix it including reducing the size of the app
(down to 300K), but without any luck.

Is this a GDB or Eclipse limit or have I had a configuration issue?

BTW the indexer has always complained that the #include s for the OS files
could not find yet C does find them.
Anyone suggest what might be wrong?

Thanks             ...Laurie :{)