Query about usb_ethernet package in eCos

Hi All,
I am trying to utilize usb-ethernet package in eCos and for that purpose
I am registering my driver as specified in
io/usb/eth/slave/current/src/usbethdrv.c but what I am observing is that
though my driver and default driver i.e
io/usb/eth/slave/current/src/usbethdrv.c both are getting compiled but
if I give some printfs in these functions I cant see those printfs
meaning that these functions are not being called at all.
If any body has been through this situation please provide me your
valuable suggestions.

Thanks in advance,
Imran Khan