Re: and another thing ..

At 07:52 PM 2/21/2007, Laurie.Gellatly wrote:

Using configtool, if you DON'T config to build Redboot, then libtarget gets
built instead.

Yes, this I am familiar with. I've got a directory (redboot-epia that builds redboot and a directory epia-ecos that builds libtarget.a. And by setting CFLAGS I can in fact have it build -g. So that is all good.

Another bit of information is that watching my DHCP logs I see that when the program starts DHCP is getting the request for an IP address and it "offers" 192.168.110.123. (the mac actually changes so its not confused by this, in my redboot setup I was pre-setting the mac, hmmm I could try that here too)

But what seems to be happening is that it responds with the offer and the target board doesn't see it. This is reminescent of an earlier problem I had with redboot and DHCP/BOOTP but I fixed it there and it seems to be here. Almost like my nic card is not seeing any received packets.

Hmm, back to the painful printf process it looks like. I can actually attach to the board through the terminal server to the serial port (9600 baud max, its an old terminal server) but the server cannot deal with gdb slamming so much data through it, it gets corrupted packets.

Thanks for the response though! I'll keep plugging away

--Chuck