Re: SPI support for AT91SAM7XEK.

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 11:43:11AM +0530, Chirag shah wrote:
> Dear Andrew Lunn,
>
> 	Thanks for your guidance. But I know that I have to add package for
> generic SPI. But when I am trying to add package from windows based
> configuration tool through build ----> packages and trying to add generic
> SPI package it is prompting that " Add and Remove hardware packages by
> selecting a new hardware template ".

The GUI configuration tool does not allow you to add "hardware"
packages to an eCos configuration. ecosconfig does not impose this
restriction and that is what i always use, so i've not seen this
problem before.

This difference has been discussed before, so search the mail archive
for more information.

> 	And another way is through Tools---->Administration. When I am going
> to Add generic SPI package it is asking for .epk file to be opened. I
> searched in my local drives that there is no such extension file is
> available.

This is used to add a package to a repository. SPI is already in the
repository, so you don't need to add it this way. You just want to add
SPI to your configuration.

> 	So, how can I add this package to my configuration. I think this is
> the same problem for Ethernet also.

Use the net template. Or more likely, the lwip_eth template.

    Andrew