From: Andrew Lunn [mailto:andrew@lunn.ch]
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2007 2:44 PM
To: Samer Darras
Cc: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: [ECOS] Startup Procedure

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 02:02:05PM -0800, Samer Darras wrote:
> I was able to build and run a Redboot image on AT91SAM7S256
successfully
> and downloaded it to Flash using SAM-BA, but when I build any of the
> sample programs using a default eCos configuration, it does not run. I
> have tried creating a RAM linker script and use Redboot to run it;
> however, that did not work either.

I wound not suggest using redboot on the AT91SAM7S256. It does not
really have enough ram for it to be useful.

The AT91SAM7S devices are designed to run there applications from
Flash, not RAM. That is why there is no support for RAM startup in the
HAL. The test programs should just work. Burn them into flash and run
them.

        Andrew