Re: eCos on Windows without Cygwin

>>...then we wouldn't have considered it

Yeah, you likely would have since I don't know of too many other royalty free rtos' out there. Once the numbers were compared between proprietary and eCos the bean counters would have installed Linux for you. :-)

>>This isn't about blame or about which platform is better.

I agree, and I don't want to turn this into a flame war. My point I tried to convey earlier is that hw and sw engineers need to tell proprietary software vendors they want Linux compatible tools so engineers can use the OS they 'choose'. This is the only way proprietary businesses will get the hint they need to produce apps for another OS. I'm not proposing they need to do a full Linux port, just make it work in a emulator under Linux the same as eCos works in an emulator under Windows. eCos has met everyone halfway, asking nothing in return. So instead of asking eCos to bend even more (for no reward), how about we ask those that are getting paid handsomely for their tools to simply meet eCos in the middle?

I have even a better idea. How about we Linux folks port the tools and what not to Windows for Sourceware. But instead of making it freely available, Sourceware gets to charge per seat plus support just as other Windows only tool vendors do? Pay for Windows native tools or you can get the same apps for nothing if you use Linux/Cygwin. Need that Windows nooker, pay up sucka!

Everyone have a good night, I'm outa here till tomorrow.