Re: dev/tty1 physical com port

I just recently played with this Frank.

What target are you using? (I ask because I'm using the i386 target and while I believe these comments are relevant you never know ...)

So I don't have a working copy of configtool so I just edit the ecos.ecc file to an ecosconfig tree and gmake clean ; gmake to rebuild it. In the ecos.ecc file search for the label:

cdl_Component CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_TTY

This is the start of the configuration options for the /dev/tty compatibility stuff. The actual serial drivers in ecos are /dev/ser0 /dev/ser1 etc.

Now page down and look for :
cdl_component CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_TTY_TTY1

You will want to be sure the user_value is set to '1' to include this in your target
Below that is :
cdl_option CYGDAT_IO_SERIAL_TTY_TTY1_DEV {
# Flavor: data
# No user value, uncomment the following line to provide one.
# user_value "\"/dev/ser1\""
# value_source default
# Default value: "\"/dev/ser1\""
};

This links /dev/ser1 to be /dev/tty1 in the library so you can fopen() it.

Hope that helps.

--Chuck