From: Chuck McManis <ecos@mcmanis.com>
To: ECOS Discussion Group <ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com>
Subject: Re: [ECOS] mysterious behavior in serial ports
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 00:01:25 -0800

And a bit more information, I went back and enabled nonblocking on the serial driver and that fixes the input (basically it starts echoing as soon as I type) but output still pauses. I can fix that by putting an fflush(stdout); in there but this is not the behavior my user code is expecting and as I'm porting a fairly sizable chunk it seems I should be able to get this fixed in ecos instead ;-).

That being said I'm rummaging around the implementation of the standard i/o library both on FreeBSD and on ecos to see how they differ in this regard...

--Chuck