RE: Does AT91 SPI driver support external SPI devices?

Hello,

Julien Stephan has leave the school, and that's me who must continue his work.

I have try to make the SPI work on an another card, but the same problem happen, so, it's certainly not a hardware failure.
I hope I use correctly this mailing list, I never used one before.

I've read all your previous messages and I can confirm Julien Stephane work.
( his programs behave the same as he described )
I've find an errata sheet for the AT91M55800A and I've read this :

"   Initializing SPI in Master Mode May Cause a Mode Fault Detection
Problem Fix/Workaround
   In order to prevent this error, the user must pull up the PA26/NPCS0/NSS pin to the VDDIO power supply.
"
Can this be the source of my problem ? ( I prefer to ask before welding a wire on the multiplexer )

And, I've read on many place that it can be useful to set some bit of the mode register (MR).
What's this? I didn't find any documentation on it. I've noticed that we do not set our card on master at any places. The mode register is for that use ?

I hope I didn't disturb you with dummy question's and that my English is not so bad.

I wish you a good day!

Bye

Jérôme Champion