Re: Building Redboot to new target

From: "Redboot Ecos" <ecosred@gmail.com>
To: "jiang jet" <jetjiang@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [ECOS] Building Redboot to new target
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 12:37:51 +0530

Should I edit the options in the redboot.ecc or in the
redboot_ram.ecm or in the respective .cdl file to configure the code
to my specific target?

redboot.ecc :no redboot_ram.ecm: maybe you need do some jobs like this:

   hardware    your_platform_name ;
   template    redboot ;
   package -hardware CYGPKG_HAL_MIPS v2_0 ;
   package -hardware your_platform_package_name v2_0 ;
   package -template CYGPKG_HAL v2_0 ;
   package -template CYGPKG_REDBOOT v2_0 ;
#    package CYGPKG_IO_FLASH v2_0 ;

On 4/3/07, jiang jet <jetjiang@hotmail.com> wrote:

>From: "Redboot Ecos" <ecosred@gmail.com>
>To: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
>Subject: [ECOS] Building Redboot to new target
>Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 11:40:56 +0530
>
>Hi,
>
>I am new to eCos and Redboot. I am planning to port Redboot to my
>target (tgt), which is similar to mbx target supported in the
>released
>ecos 2.0 package.
>I have some confusion about the files that needs to be changed.
>
>I am planning to do the following changes for running the Redboot
>from RAM:
>
>1. Include my target in the ecos.db file, with selected packages
>required.
>2. Create a directory under the hal similar to mbx target and copy
>all
>the files under mbx to my target directory.
>3. Now I execute
> ecosconfig --srcdir=/ecos/packages/ new tgt redboot
> I get a redboot.ecc.
> Should I edit the options in the redboot.ecc or in the
>redboot_ram.ecm or in the respective .cdl file to configure the code
>to my specific target?
>4. Then I change my linker script to my specific target and build
>redboot to get the binary.

basically it's ok

与联机的朋友进行交流,请使用 MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn.com/cn