Redboot doesn't seem to work for my PPC target board

Hi,

I have got my Redboot (very minimal) compiled for my target and
loaded the binary at 0x00400000 (RAM on my target). I have included a
memory write to location 0x2900 0004 to flash a led on the target
board at the very beginning of the redboot code, i.e right after
_start in vectors.s file. I believe that Redboot isn't working on my
board as Led doesn't flash.

I have a small application, which has same memory write command to
flash the led on my target and loaded this binary at 0x00400000 on my
target board and this application turns the led on as expected.  This
is not a ecos application. Its a application supported by the boot
running in the flash memory provided by the board vendor.

Can anyone suggest me the reason for redboot not working on my target?

PS: In both the cases there is a boot running from the flash memory
provided by the board vendor, which supports loading of binary over
Rs232 serial port.

Thanks,
Kumar