Re: Problem with Hello world

> >Why do you want to compile it using the native tools?
> >
> Because my environment is Windows and I want to compile eCos under
> Cygwin (with the Linux Synthetic target)

So you need to build a cross compiler, since the cynwin tools are
going to produce a MS binary which is not going to run on Linux.
You need a Linux toolchain which runs on cygwin.

http://metamod-p.sourceforge.net/cross-compiling.on.windows.for.linux.html

> >>But for the ARM question...
> >>I compile eCos with the ARM7TDMI template but when I compile my hello
> >>world program I can't see the output.
> >>It is normal ?
> >>

> >Does the simulator simulate the serial port? Which serial port does it
> >simulate? Is there a device driver for the serial port?

> I'm a newbie under ARM questions... I just want to know if it possible
> to compile eCos for ARM (with arm-elf-gcc) and seems to the Linux
> Synthetic target debug it with arm-elf-gdb and see an output when I
> compile a Hello world application? Does I need a simulator (like qemu or
> vmware) ?

qemu or vmware will give you i386 environments, not ARM, so they are
no use to you. You probably want to either use the synthetic target on
Linux, or use a real ARM development board which eCos supports.

       Andrew