Re: Problem with Hello world

On 2007-04-23, David LONY <david.lony@pragmadev.com> wrote:

>> Qemu will emulate an ARM.  It will emulate either an Arm
>> Integrator/CP or an ARM Versatile baseboard.  Both emulations
>> include serial ports, Ethernet, PS/2 keyboard/mouse, and LCD
>> controllers.
>>
>> http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/qemu-doc.html#SEC53
>
> So.. I just need to compile eCos with the ARM 7 TDMI INTEGRATOR template
> (with the Redboot profile), with all options to default (compiler =
> arm-elf-gcc....etc)
> Then I use arm-elf-objcopy to copy the elf to a bin format... and just
> use Qemu-arm with good options ? It will work?

Possibly.  As I pointed out in a different posting, there are a
bunch of different "Integrator" boards, and there's nothing in
the eCos docs which says which "Integrator" it's for.

In the worst case, I would think the Integrator HAL would work
with Qemu's Integrator/CP emulation with some minimal amount of
tweaking.

>>> You probably want to either use the synthetic target on Linux,
>>> or use a real ARM development board which eCos supports.
>>
>> Doesn't eCos uspport the ARM Integrator?
>>
> What is the ARM Integrator?

Go read the Qemu link I posted.

Learn how to use Google.

Read.

http://www.arm.com/documentation/Boards_and_Firmware/index.html

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I'm not an Iranian!!
                                  at               I voted for Dianne