Re: Fwd: Sending raw packets on eCos

 manesh <manesh.v@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>           I went through some pages of the archive, but it does'nt
> give a clear picture of wether we can send ARP requests on  Linux
> synthetic target??
>          Actually on Linux I was able to send ARP packets since linux
> network stack support "packet socket"( by which we can send and
> receive the packets at the device driver level), which is not there in
> eCos. Infact "rawether.c" itself sends the packet using PF_PACKET
> support.

Clearly, you cannot use Linux interfaces anywhere else other than the
synthetic target. On a real target you can only use the BSD stack,
which is quite different from Linux in this area.

But why do you want to send ARP requests at all? The BSD stack has its
own ARP support already built in, there is no reason for applications
to do their own ARP processing.

--
Nick Garnett                                     eCos Kernel Architect
eCosCentric Limited     http://www.eCosCentric.com/   The eCos experts