Re: Fwd: Sending raw packets on eCos

> Clearly, you cannot use Linux interfaces anywhere else other than the
> synthetic target. On a real target you can only use the BSD stack,
> which is quite different from Linux in this area.
>
> But why do you want to send ARP requests at all? The BSD stack has its
> own ARP support already built in, there is no reason for applications
> to do their own ARP processing.
>
> --
> Nick Garnett                                     eCos Kernel Architect
> eCosCentric Limited    http://www.eCosCentric.com/  The eCos experts
> Barnwell House, Barnwell Drive, Cambridge, UK.    Tel: +44 1223 245571
> Registered in England and Wales: Reg No 4422071.

     I need to use ARP packet, to check the host IP address if it is
already in use. This check is usually performed by the eCos network
thread, at the OS start up, but I need this to happen at periodic
intervals. Its a basic "whois" frame which I need to send. There is
another option by sending an ICMP request, but which I am not supposed
to do.
     Can I use any functions of the built in support?

Regards
Manesh