Re: Reg- One wire driver in Redboot

29/05/2007 Ð 10:39 +0530, R.J.Sivakumar wrote:
> Dear all.
>       As we are working in ARM11 board which has ECOS and redboot as the
> bootloader in the BSP, we have to monitor the battery through one wire device
> protocol in the redboot.Can u please help me, how to program the ECOS for the
> one wire protocol to access the battery EEPROM.Also as iam a newbie for ECOS
> and redboot,please show me some link or documentation where i can start to
> achieve this.

If you desire to contribute the common one-wire device for eCos, I would
refer you to

http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/ref/ecos-ref.html
http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/ref/io.html

If you already did implement the same primitives, for example, as
described here http://www.maxim-ic.com/appnotes.cfm/appnote_number/126 ,
you can easy add new polled device (your 1-wire device) for RedBoot
using the RedBoor_idle() register, for example

RedBoot_idle (read_ow_device, RedBoot_IDLE_AFTER_NETIO);

void
read_ow_device (bool is_idle)
{
    if (!is_idle)
        return;

    // call your procedure
}

I did play with that maxim source 'as is', just defined those A-J values
for my target. It did work fine (one my eCos thread measured a
temperature arround the board).

And the last note: please, don't use interrupt driven 1-wire read in
RedBoot.

-- Sergei