diag_printf via serial port

Hello all,
I have a small question about '/dev/ttydiag'.

I'm working with Olimex LPC-E2294 board and port of eCos by Sergei
Gavrikov. Then I use a telnet connection with the board (or GDB via
ethernet) output to /dev/ttydiag works fine, but it doesn't appear then
I use connection via serial port (GDB or minicom).

However, then CYGDBG_IO_INIT option is enabled I see I/O drivers debug output via serial connection. Does driver and application diag_printf differ? Should I see application output via serial channel or not?

Thanks
Best regards

Alexey Shusharin