From: ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org
[mailto:ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org] On Behalf Of Alok Singh
Sent: Saturday, June 02, 2007 5:46 AM
To: Andrew Lunn
Cc: ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org
Subject: RE: [ECOS] Delay in procesing packet across the BSD stack -

Andrew,

I don't say it's a bug, but worth while to take a look at. My problem is
solved, when I made certain modifications in BSD stack.

In ether_demux(), we call schednetisr(NETISR_IP) for IP packet( or for
that matter for any type of packet) before enqueuing the packet, by way
of calling IF_ENQUEUE(inq, m). ENQUEUE will be done only at the end of
the ether_demux().  So cyg_netint() waiting via cyg_flag_wait() will
come alive, and calls corresponding ISR, that is ipintr() for our case.
It will try to dequeue the packet, but finds none, because enqueue is
not done still.

I changed the logic to call schednetisr() after enqueuing the packet.
And things work fine.

Now it is really strange why others don't see the problem. May be some
other conditions match for others, that don't match for me.

But I think what I'm doing is logical correct. Am I allowed to make
these changes to my ecos??

regards,
Alok