Re: SNMP re-inits when session closed or trapsink removed -- FIX

Andrew Lunn wrote:
So this is not a perfect fix? What is wrong with this fix? What would
you like to discuss about this fix? All you did was provide a fix, but
gave us no clues as to why you have not made a proper patch.....

I guess I thought that my original comment suggested there might be a more appropriate fix.

The simple fix appears to be to simply continue as if nothing happened, but it's possible that snmp_select_info() never should have added the closing socket to fdset in the first place. It was getting very hard for me to determine whether the select was already outstanding when the socket closed or whether someone didn't set a proper "closing" flag that snmp_select_info() would recognize. I tried updating the snmp_select_info() to rev 1.245 of the 4.2 net-snmp tree which looks at closing sessions, but that didn't seem to help.