RE: Fwd: Re: building ecos using configuration tools under windows - invalid data base

> From: spreet singh
>
> > Thanks for the response.
> > I tried the suggestion and it stll gives the same
> > response:
> > " Error opening eCos repository - Invalid package
> > database"
> > and other message is:
> > ecos.db:error - couldnt read file
> "/ecoscvs/ecos/packages/ecos.db" no
> > such file or directory.

I find that it works for me if I run the tool from the bash shell, instead
of directly from Windows, e.g.:

	/opt/ecos/configtool-060710.exe &

It appears that when invoked from Windows, it's not finding out that Cygwin
"/" is mounted at "C:\Cygwin". Once you're in a bash shell, that mount seems
to work. I've checked on my system, and my mounts are all under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, not HKEY_CURRENT_USER, so I can't imagine what the
problem could be, but that's my workaround.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco