Re: Custom vectors.S

On 6/19/07, Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com> wrote:

Slide wrote:
> We are hoping to use eCos internally for some embedded work within our
> company, but we have a very specific environment that does not lend
> itself to the generic nature of vectors.S (ARM based processor). Has
> anyone done anything with having their own complete set of bootcode
> that just calls cyg_start? What actually needs to be setup prior to
> calling cyg_start in terms of memory and such?

What do you need that the current framework can't provide?

Most of what's in vectors.S deals with the details of the eCos
interrupt and exception handling.  There isn't a whole lot of
"setup" code [past what's already handled by hal_platform_setup.h]

We have a very custom memory model as we can boot and run code out of several types of memories. We also would like to share startup code with a Linux bootloader. We also have some of our own exception handlers. The main area I am trying to solve though is the sharing of code between eCos and our other bootloader.

Thanks,

slide