Re: eCos and AT91SAM7S-EK

> Andrew, could you describe me your method of running
> and debugging eCos application, maybe I'm able to
> reproduce it on my hardware.
> I'd like to ask about configuration of outgoing
> messages. Where can I check if the output of prontf
> commands is ARM-COM1?

I use Linux, not M$.

I build ROM applications, which for the AT91SAM7 platforms is the
default. I use the toolchain which you can download from the eCos
website.  I use a JTAG device to load the image into the target. The
JTAG device i use understands ELF, so i just give it a URL and the
device grabs the elf file, converts it as necessary, and loads it onto
FLASH. I then use gdb, to connect to the JTAG device in much the same
way as you did. I there use the gdb version you download as part of
the toolchain, or sometimes i use a newer version which i built
myself. I would recommend you use the pre-build version to start with
since it is known to work.

The default configuration of the AT91SAM7SEK is to use the debug port
for I/O.

    Andrew